Please read before submitting an article
WorldwideRunning.com recognizes the Internet as a powerful tool for communicating with external audiences as well as for facilitating the exchange of information within the running community, and is always interested in receiving news, original articles, and evaluate ideas about running, hiking, walking and feet related topics. Here is all you need to know on how to submit an article to WorldwideRunning.com for review.
If you are interested in having an article considered for publication, simply follow these standards and guidelines. If you have any questions about these requirements, please send us an e-mail message.
What kind of articles do you accept? - WorldwideRunning.com is always interested in running, hiking, walking and feet related articles. We accept most article submissions, however we will not accept any adult content, slanderous or defamatory articles, articles promoting spam, chainletters, business opportunities, hate, violence or discrimination against a particular gender or any ethnic groups of any kind.
How do you prefer to receive my article? - We prefer to receive your article written directly in the body of your e-mail message (no attachments). In case you are submitting more than one article, send a different e-mail message for each article.
What additional information should I send you with my article? - Together with your article, make sure to include the following texts in your e-mail:
- A one-paragraph summary of the article to be used to link to the article from another webpage.
- A one-paragraph credits section (author bylines / resource box). For example: "John Smith is the author of The Complete Running Guide for Marathoners. He has helped thousands of individuals succeed in their running goal. Visit his website (http://www.thecompletegfm.com) to find out more details about his book". The article itself will contain no credits within the text. Credits are added as a separate paragraph at the bottom of the text as this has demonstrated to be more effective.
- This permission at the bottom of the article: \"I certify that I am the author or sole owner of the material I am submitting to WorldwideRunning.com. WorldwideRunning.com and its licensees may reproduce, distribute, publish, display, edit, modify, create derivative works and otherwise use the material for any purpose in any form and on any media. I agree to indemnify WorldwideRunning.com for all damages and expenses that may be incurred in connection with the material."
How long should the article be? - The article can be as long as you need.
How do you want me to format my article? - Here are some format guidelines to keep in mind:
- Be an editor yourself. Use your spellchecker, and have someone else read your article before you send it.
- Articles should be written in English.
- Articles should be in third person. For example: write "It is recommended that one..." rather than "I suggest you to...".
- Articles should not contain any advertising. Articles should not be commercial or promotional with respect to a product or service. Do not quote yourself in the article.
- Articles should not contain any dates. Keep in mind that when an article is published on WorldwideRunning.com it will be available today as well as in the future.
- Articles should not contain any credits within the text (credits will be added at the bottom of the article, as mentioned above).
- Articles should not contain any links.
- Article should not contain (when possible) any geographical identifiers. For example: write "Recent studies found out that..." rather than "Recent studies in the U.S. found out that...". However, articles should always be written from an international perspective.
- Articles should not contain any HTML-like emoticons. For example: do not include emoticons like ;-)
- The body of the article should represent a stand-alone document.
- Articles should not contain any footnotes or endnotes.
- Articles should not contain unnecessary spaces. For example: do not use spaces instead of tabs or as any means of formatting your document (centering text, indents, etc.). No matter which word processing program you use, keep the formatting as simple as possible. Only one space is needed before a new sentence, so avoid doublespacing after periods.
- Articles should contain italics when emphasis is required, rather than ALL CAPITAL letters. To italicize your text add the <I></I> tags to your text. For example: "He says he <I>usually</I> run that far".
- Articles should contain spelled out numbers, except for weights and measures, and abbreviations, including miles and kilometers. For example: write "He ran for five kilometers" rather than "He ran for 5 kms". Do not use fraction symbols (instead use 1/2, 1/4, etc.).
What happens after I submit my article? - Submitted articles are subject to editorial review: submitting an article does not necessarily guarantee acceptance by WorldwideRunning.com. Each article will be evaluated based on interest to readers, quality of writing, global perspective, technical soundness, originality. WorldwideRunning.com reserves the right to reject any article submissions deemed to be inappropriate. Articles will not be published until they are reviewed by one of the WorldwideRunning.com staff.
Will you modify my article? - WorldwideRunning.com reserves the right to edit your submission for clarity, style, format, and to enhance search engine placement. These are always minor stylistic changes that will not affect the article's content.
How can I send a correction for my article? - Article corrections may be sent to WorldwideRunning.com by placing the word "Correction" or "Revised" within the e-mail subject before your article title. Please resend just the changed portion, not the entire work.
What about the copyright? - All published articles become property of WorldwideRunning.com. By submitting your article you automatically grant full permission to WorldwideRunning.com to use your text for any legitimate purpose at any time, including but not limiting to republishing it as part of WorldwideRunning.com promotional purposes, without monetary compensation. Being a website made by runners for runners we do not pay for articles, however we will credit you for the article in any and all forms of publication.
When will my article be published? - WorldwideRunning.com, like most publishers, has a backlog of articles waiting to be published. As a result, a newly accepted article may not immediately be published, unless it is time-critical. We cannot tell you specifically when your article will be posted on our website, only that we intend to publish it as soon as possible. Some articles appear as far as six months from the date of acceptance. We ask that you wait at least this long to contact us about the status of your article.
Thank you for your interest in WorldwideRunning.com.
We look forward to reading your article!
JOIN THE WORLDWIDE RUNNING NETWORK
ePodismo.com | WorldwideRunning.com | RunningCalendar.com | HalfMarathon.net | MarathonCoupons.com | RoadRacingStats.com | OlympicGamesMarathon.com | DeadRunnersSociety.com | Ultramaratona.it | VerticalRunning.it | CorrereNelDeserto.com | TuttoMaratona.com | RunningInItaly.com | Run100Days.com | 5kCalendar.com | JohnBingham.com | TeamPenguin.com | CourageToStart.com | PenguinBrigade.com | AccidentalAthlete.com