Top 10 reasons to start running
- Running sets you free - When you are tired and stressed after a bad day at work or at home, dealing with the demands and strains of everyday life, there is nothing like setting off on a run to give you a feeling of freedom. For however long you are out, it is all about you and no one else.
- Running is fun - Running in a group is more likely to keep you going further, faster and for longer – there is nothing like a good natter to help the miles pass by!
- Running let you see places from a different perspective - Running gives you the opportunity to explore your surroundings, both on and off-road.
- No fancy kit or equipment is required - A good pair of running shoes is all you need to get started – once you have been bitten by the running bug, set yourself some short-term goals and reward yourself with a new piece of gear each time you achieve them.
- Running is good for your health - Runners have stronger bones, lungs and reduced risk of heart disease. Running also boosts your immunity and your energy levels.
- Running is a top calorie-burning exercise - Every mile you run burns roughly 100 calories and even after a 30-minute run your metabolism remains elevated for up to two hours.
- Fresh air and exercise have the ultimate feel-good factor - A 20-minute light jog will lighten your mood and give you a mental and physical pick-me-up. Regular running will give your self-esteem and confidence a well-deserved boost.
- You do not have to be a fast runner - A popular misconception is that to run "properly" you have to have a pounding heart, lungs fit to burst and a face the colour of beetroot! Running does not automatically mean being constantly out of breath – slow and steady is the key to progress. A good indicator of a moderate pace is whether you can talk while running. As you build up strength your "talking pace" will quicken accordingly.
- Running can help you look younger for longer - Running prevents the muscle and bone loss which can lead to osteoporosis. Plus, your skin will glow with an inner and outer radiance.
- Running puts you in tune with your body - Every stride brings into focus exactly how well, strong, and fit you are feeling, from your head all the way down to your toes.
|Running Top 10 - From the top ten reasons to run to the top ten reasons *not* to run, this section includes both serious and humorous running lists for all walks of life.|
JOIN THE WORLDWIDE RUNNING NETWORK
ePodismo.com | WorldwideRunning.com | RunningCalendar.com | HalfMarathon.net | MarathonCoupons.com | RoadRacingStats.com | OlympicGamesMarathon.com | DeadRunnersSociety.com | Ultramaratona.it | VerticalRunning.it | CorrereNelDeserto.com | TuttoMaratona.com | RunningInItaly.com | Run100Days.com | 5kCalendar.com | JohnBingham.com | TeamPenguin.com | CourageToStart.com | PenguinBrigade.com | AccidentalAthlete.com