26.2 ways you know you are a marathoner
1. You know how many miles there are in a marathon.
2. Your weekly mileage is how much you run, not your commute to work.
3. You know how many miles you get out of a pair of running shoes.
4. You can convert kilometers to miles in your head.
5. You measure your running route in your car to get the exact mileage.
6. When someone tells you their age, you automatically know their Boston Marathon qualifying time.
7. You know Grandma's as the route from Two Harbors to Duluth, not the person.
8. You can drink, blow your nose and pee on the run.
9. The problem with the treadmill is there's no place to spit.
10. You have less than 10 toenails and that's normal to you.
11. Body Glide is your friend.
12. Ibuprofen is affectionately known as "Vitamin I".
13. Navigating walkers, dogs and baby strollers annoys you because it interrupts your pace.
14. When you participate in a marathon, you know not to run in your race t-shirt.
15. You have a favorite energy gel and flavor.
16. The "Picasso" above your fireplace is last year's TCM poster.
17. You have pre and post race rituals.
18. The journal you keep is in miles and pace not feelings or thoughts.
19. When you look at the weather conditions, you calculate how many layers to wear.
20. You have more T-shirts than you could possibly wear.
21. The pride you feel after a good marathon is worth the pain it took to get there.
22. When you hear the word "bib", you think of race numbers not babies and Gerber food.
23. The "no carbohydrate diet" does not apply to you.
24. You know fartlek is not vulgar terminology.
25. A hill is an opportunity just waiting to be challenged.
26. You know the phrase "You're almost there" only applies when the finish line is in sight.
.2 Your vacation destination is determined by your marathon schedule.
JOIN THE WORLDWIDE RUNNING NETWORK
ePodismo.com | WorldwideRunning.com | RunningCalendar.com | HalfMarathon.net | MarathonCoupons.com | RoadRacingStats.com | OlympicGamesMarathon.com | DeadRunnersSociety.com | Ultramaratona.it | VerticalRunning.it | CorrereNelDeserto.com | TuttoMaratona.com | RunningInItaly.com | Run100Days.com | 5kCalendar.com | JohnBingham.com | TeamPenguin.com | CourageToStart.com | PenguinBrigade.com | AccidentalAthlete.com